The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Saturday 25 February 2012

Cameron Still Lying During PMQT.


Having been revealed as an outright liar during previous Prime Minister's Question Times, David Cameron has decided to press on with what he obviously sees as a legitimate tactic. This time the porkies involved cut backs in the police which, the Prime Minister claimed, has actually led to more policemen rather than less. Explaining how reducing the amount of money avaialble to the police could possibly increase their numbers was not made entirely clear, but he stuck to his line no matter how many times he was asked. Trying to redress the balance as politely as he could, the Labour MP shadowing the policing brief, David Hanson, called on the speaker to to arrange for a copy of the report "Adapting to Austerity" that shows the true picture to be presented to MPs. "I would not wish the House to be inadvertently misled by the prime minister's comments today," Hanson said. We asked the Prime Minister for his side of things; "I was astounded to find how easy it is to lie when cornered during PMQT - and how easy it is to get away with it. It's brilliant! I stand there telling some real whoppers and the BBC report it as if I know what I'm talking about. Better yet the electorate, despite the evidence of their own eyes, believe me! I mean, you couldn't make it up could you? Well you couldn't, but I can apparently."

No comments:

Post a Comment