The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Friday 18 November 2011

Tory Buys Castle For £2.5 Million.


While the rest of us are worrying about our jobs and how we're going to pay the gas bill, Tory Energy Minister, Charles Hendry, has bought himself a castle. Blair Castle, pictured above, was purchased for £2.5 million by Mr.Hendry and his wife; "It's an ill wind that blows no one any good," Mr. Hendry told our reporter. "I understand that many ordinary people are struggling during the present recession, but I'm a Tory and that means I don't actually have to care. I will be claiming it as my second home, however, since its only fair that someone like me should get public money to help me buy it. I plan to run it as a hotel since there are several golf courses nearby and any unemployed person is welcome to book a room at the going rate of £350 per night so I'm doing my bit as far as I'm concerned. Several people have suggested that purchasing the castle at this time is a bit insensitive. But, I ask you, is there ever a good time to buy a castle? Well yes, actually, when property prices have fallen - but that's neither here nor there. I'm a Tory, my party is in power, so I deserve this."

No comments:

Post a Comment