The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Friday 20 January 2012

Milliband Calls For Fred The Shred To Lose His Knighthood.


Ed Milliband has called for Fred Goodwin to be stripped of his knighthood, awarded for his "services to banking," as punishment for being a thoroughly bad egg. Goodwin, who managed to steer RBS into bankruptcy and then walked away with a £12 million pension pot, was reported as being devastated by the news as the photgraph above, taken when he received the news in his chauffer-driven Rolls Royce, amply demonstrates. We managed to secure an interview with Goodwin as he relaxed by the swimming pool of one his many villas in Spain; "I am utterly devastated by the news. Only this morning I dropped two shots during my daily game of golf and I've been blubbing into my champagne all day. I just want to be alone to be honest and am thinking of spending the rest of the week sailing the Med in my yacht contemplating how cruel life can be. I have to admit that losing £45 billion was a bit careless of me but I've already apologised once for it and I don't see why I should lose my knighthood. How will the peasants know to tug their forelock if I lose my "Sir?" It's the only thing that marks me out as different from the rest of the crooks on the Costa del Crime."

No comments:

Post a Comment