The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Monday 5 December 2011

Poor Are Taxed More But Cameron Likes "Eastenders."


As official figures from the Office of Budget Responsibility demonstrate quite clearly that taxation is falling unequally on the poor, the "Telegraph" carries the joyous news that David Cameron prefers "Eastenders" to "The Archers." We asked David Cameron, shown above signalling his support for crucifying the poor, for his comments; "Its not actually true that taxation of the poor has risen by 3% while taxation for corporations has fallen by 9% despite the figures which show quite conclusively that I'm lying. It's all a matter of what you regard to be the truth. For me any fantasy I want you to believe is the truth, whereas hard concrete facts, if they're not convenient, are not true. Thus taxing the poor has no effect on demand and taxing the rich actually returns less money. As I've indicated to the "Telegraph," I'm just an ordinary bloke who likes Eastenders who just happens, through no fault of my own, to be a millionaire. I'm just like you - albeit in a Saville Row suit. We're all in this together - me floating a foot above and you up to your neck. Personally I feel sorry for me, burdened as I am with the responsibility for screwing everyone else and having to protect my wealth by spending yours. I'd like to take the opportunity to pledge that every family in the country will receive a turkey for the Christmas after the next election - honest."

No comments:

Post a Comment