The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Turner Prize Awarded To Man Picking His Nose.


The Turner Prize this year has been awarded to Terry Entwhistle for his ground-breaking work "Man Picking Nose." The artist pictured above, who was born in Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle or some other trendy and artistic northern town, studied art at primary school and is now considered to be "the most innovative artist of his generation." We asked Terry for his comments; "I just wandered into the Tate Baltic to get out of the rain to be honest. I was looking at one exhibit, which I couldn't make head nor tail of, and must have absent-mindedly picked my nose. Before I knew it I was surrounded by a bunch of people dressed in trendy clothes discussing the symbolic meaning of my finger and the pre-Raphalite shape of my nose." We asked a famous art critic for his view; "Terry, whom I've never met nor heard of before, is naturally shy and self-effacing. His piece is redolent of the modern condition and is a brutal expose of how financial institutions have given us all the finger. I must say, however, that I find his nose more Van Gogh than anything else. Still, I believe that the work will outlive the fame of Da Vinci's work "The Madona On Coke."

No comments:

Post a Comment