The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Saturday 22 June 2013

The Politician's Credo.

I'm the one who saved the banks from the consequencies of their own criminal behaviour and then made you pay for it. I'm the one who took your job off you and then denied you benefits. I'm the one who taxed your grandmother for having too many bedrooms and then left her to die alone in a hospital corridor. I'm the one who wrecked your children's education and then denied them the opportunity to go to university. I'm the one who protected the value of my property portfolio and then made it too expensive for your children to either buy or even rent a place of their own. I'm the one who takes backhanders from my rich mates and then awards myself an unlimted expense account. I'm a politician and, except at election time, I don't care who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment